Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day 8...and Week 2 Begins!

Well, today started with being called into work. I didn't feel so well while I was showering and preparing for my day. For a moment, I thought I may have been coming down with whatever stomach virus had plagued my husband a few days ago. I still don't know what caused my extreme nausea, but it sure slowed me down. Fortunately, I felt better by the time I left the house, but that didn't leave me any time to cook anything or brew any coffee. I was very proud of myself for getting just a brewed coffee during my stop at Starbucks! I picked up a Subway turkey on wheat foot long sandwich (lots of veggies!) to get me through food-wise.

Of course, by the time I got to work there was no time to eat and I was starving. I grabbed a ready-to-drink health drink called EAS that I had forgotten in the back of my fridge. It was a double-chocolate flavor, low carb/high protein drink. It contained 110 calories, 17 grams of protein, and 6 grams of carbs. I can't remember fat content off-hand, but I do remember it was low, too. I don't plan to have one every day, but it did make for a great re-fuel when I didn't have time for anything else.

Great news! My gym membership has been re-activated. And as a bonus, I will have four sessions with a personal trainer! I am so excited! Unfortunately, I can't meet with the trainer for the first time until April 20th, but I can go and work out before then--which I plan to do! I am supposed to track everything I eat for three day prior to my first session. I guess part of the plan is to look at my diet and see what needs to be adjusted. I have never had a personal trainer before so I consider this a really exciting treat! I've been wanting to add exercise to my plan, so this is perfect.

Unfortunately, tonight's post is going to be short. I am still not entirely convinced I am not coming down with my husband's stomach virus and I had a long work day, so there really isn't much else for me to add for today.

One final note: I did manage to bring my water consumption back up for the day.

Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow. Until then...

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't -- you are right."

2 comments:

  1. Great news!! Working with a personal trainer completely changed my outlook on this whole process, and I'm sure you'll find it a very rewarding experience as well. If your gym offers group classes, drag your butt into a few of those (as you might tell from my blog, I'm a big fan of step, but I hear great things about spin too - and everyone wants to try Zumba!). Not only will it give you the opportunity to meet people and make friends, classes challenge you at a level you might not push yourself to.

    Work on having more "pre-made" meals and snacks ready, especially if the last minute calls into work are common. That'll help save off the need to swing by fast-food restaurant. Not that the occasional treat is a bad thing, but homemade is always better. And don't forget your snacks!!!

    Passing along the advice my trainer gave me when I was coming down with a virus - rest, vitamin C, rest, lots of fluids, more rest, and ginseng tea to bring your energy level back up. Really, it works.

    (My daily routine has gone from getting to work and updating my blog to getting to work, checking your blog, and then updating mine!)

    Cassandra
    http://pathtowellness2010.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. thx for your post... it made me feel a little better. i'm just going through... a mess right now...
    btw, i'm glad that you're staying motivated... good job and keep up the good work!
    i heard that 3 cups of green tea help to cleanse your body- maybe that would help. they sell de-caffeinated too...

    ReplyDelete