Monday, April 5, 2010

Day 5

Finally, a day off from work! My day didn't start off so well when I discovered that my e-mail account associated with my blog wasn't working. I sent an e-mail to Yahoo! asking what was going on and they are supposed to get back to me. I suspect someone may have reported one of my posts on one of their sites as spam, since I see all of my posts are gone as well. I did include a link to this blog so that people can see what I am doing here and I wonder if that is the reason. I am a little upset about that since I see flat out advertising done on their site regularly (in the comment section, no less). I see other people posting links to other sites, so I am confused. Hopefully, I am wrong about what is going on and I will find out soon.


With that off my chest, I can say today was not the most productive day. I guess I needed my rest! After sleeping in, I spent too much of my time trying to resolve whatever issue there is with my e-mail account, then I went searching for new recipes. I am already starting to really crave foods like potatoes and bread. I was going to have a ground turkey patty for lunch, but I really wanted it on a bun! The idea of eating just the turkey patty (sans bun) suddenly was so unappealing that I chose something else for lunch. From what I understand it is not at all unusual to start craving carbs after the first few days, so I am hoping this is temporary. I am really looking forward to my "free day" and find myself thinking about what I will eat on that day. Not a good sign this early in the game! So the recipe search is to find some new ideas to help keep me on track.

Another not-so-good sign: I went back to the web-site where I found this diet and found some posts by other women complaining that they did not lose any weight while on this program, despite strict compliance. A few of them complained of headaches, low energy and a being in a nasty mood. One woman gave up after 8 days because she only lost 2 lbs and couldn't handle the cravings, low energy and bad mood. She felt the weight loss was the result of just cutting out sugar anyway so she decided to craft her own plan. I am going to look a little further into what experiences other women have had and will post what I find tomorrow.


At any rate, breakfast was a chili omelette so I finally managed to fit the beans into my breakfast. Lunch was my left-overs from last night (chicken and vegetables in pesto sauce). Dinner was grilled fish and mixed vegetables (green beans, broccoli, and cauliflower). The fish was a great change of pace, too. Still not getting the quantity of beans that the diet calls for and I am beginning to have the dreaded thought that perhaps this wasn't the best choice for me in terms of a diet plan. Like I said before--not a good sign!!

I've noticed over the last few days that might water consumption has dropped so I know that I need to keep an eye on that for tomorrow. I am still drinking it, but I haven't had nearly as much as I did the first couple of days.

My husband was really sick today (maybe stomach flu?? I hope not and I hope I don't get it!) so did not get to the gym to re-sign. I am hoping to get there tomorrow since the work-outs have been sorely lacking. I have felt fairly confident that my activity level at work has been sufficient, I just feel like I am actually accomplishing something when I do a deliberate work out. If that makes sense at all...

Anyway, I am feeling a bit discouraged today. The fact that I am feeling this way so early in the challenge make me feel even more discouraged! I am trying to stay motivated and remind myself that "free day" is just 2 days away (so is weigh-in!!). Maybe I will look for some motivational articles, too.

So that was Day 5. Lots of time on the computer and trying to stave off cravings.

I'd like to hear from others who have experienced these same issues. How did you deal? What did you do to stay on track? Please leave a comment and let me know!

Until tomorrow...

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't -- you are right."

2 comments:

  1. Don't be surprised if you're feeling a bit discouraged! It's absolutely normal, and the number one reason most weight loss endeavours fail - people give i to those feelings of discouragement. Congratulate yourself on your successes so far. If you have to, write down a list so you can see them. You're doing really well.

    And don't worry if you decide part way through that you need to modify your diet plan. No generic "diet" is going to work for everyone, because we aren't all generic people. We're all different, and everyone is always going to see different results. The important thing is to stick to the key elements of what this diet offers - lean meats and protein with each meal, portion control, lots of vegetables and fruits, frequent meals and snacks, and exercise. That's the true recipe for success on weight loss.

    I'm still here and still keeping watch!
    Cass
    http://pathtowellness2010.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for your words of wisdom and encouragement! You have no idea how much they help!!

    ReplyDelete