Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Day 21

Well, I didn't wake up hating my trainer this morning, but I was sore...just not nearly as sore as I expected to be! What soreness I did experience was all over my entire body. Maybe that was why I didn't feel so bad--it was an all-over experience so my body couldn't focus on just one "pain".

I will say that I had places that were sore that I did not know had muscles! Today was a "resting" day, so tomorrow I get to do yesterday's routine all over again. At this rate, I hope to see some great results very quickly!

Went grocery shopping today and felt really good about my food choices. I found these small ice cream cups by Skinny Cow. Chocolate Fudge Brownie (yum): 150 calories, 2 grams of fat and 4 grams of fiber. I decided they would be perfect for those days I need something sweet for dessert. I also bought some shrimp, something I love to eat but never think to buy (unless I go out for dinner). My husband is not a big vegetable eater. He will eat green beans and salads loaded with salad dressing, eggs and sunflower seeds. While that may be the best choice for him (sans the copious amounts of dressing) since he is looking to gain muscle, it won't work so well for me, who is looking to lose weight (fat). I bought some salad shrimp because I can put that on my salad and not need very much dressing at all. I also bought the ingredients to make our own low-fat salad dressing.

I think Special K ran out of fruit crisps. I mean worldwide. I still cannot find them as they are still sold out...

My daughter made some tasty low-fat, high-fiber apple bran muffins for breakfast. Lunch was a Morning Star chicken patty on a high-fiber, multi-grain "sandwich thin" and spinach salad. I made Teriyaki chicken and rice for dinner with green beans. Delicious!

I can sure tell the difference in my energy level and clarity of mind when I drink plenty of water. I like water, too. I just can't figure out why I have such a hard time getting more water throughout my day. I haven't had a Diet Coke in a few days, but I am still not getting as much water as I would like to be drinking.

There was no weigh-in today since I was weighed yesterday. I know that my scale says something different from the gym scale, but I just couldn't bring myself to jump on my home scale after the disappointment I had yesterday. I know my trainer will weigh me again in two weeks, so I am hoping that the wait will be worth it.

So there is only supposed to be about a week left of this blog, but I think it has been decided to extend it and keep it going. Which means I should probably change the name. I am still amazed at how much has changed just in the three weeks since I started this blog. I started with the premise of sticking to a particular "diet" for thirty days and tracking my progress. And of course, now....well, now I feel like I am on the start of a whole new journey. One that certainly won't be finished in the next week!

I still can't find the recipe my friend gave to me for that delicious quiche. I am really disappointed, too since it was so good. I will keep looking, though. If I can't find it, maybe I will post another recipe...

Anyway, I will report back tomorrow with a report of how my gym experience goes!

Until then...

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't -- you are right."

No comments:

Post a Comment