Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Day 6

Ok, one last day before weigh in and I am feeling the pressure to toe the line and not screw up. I don't want to weigh in and find that I haven't lost anything because then I know I will feel very defeated.

I did some more thorough reading on the web-site where I found my diet and it left me feeling somewhat unsettled. The list of comments is quite extensive and, while I did spend quite a bit of time reading many of the posts, I did not read all of them. I really wish I had even though it literally would have taken hours. It seems that quite a few women left posts wondering if this was a diet designed just for men as they were not losing any weight using this system. Honestly, I cannot understand why it would work for a man and not a woman and I could not find anything by way of an answer. I am thinking of modifying the plan I am currently on, but I won't decide for sure until after my "free day" tomorrow.

Speaking of...I am so excited tomorrow is "free day" and weigh-in! I am a little nervous because I don't know what the scale will read. I keep trying to remind myself that this is still Week 1 and not to expect much. Still, I can hardly wait...

Breakfast was simple--eggs. Yep, that was it! I wasn't very hungry and it was all I could stomach. Lunch turned out to be difficult. Without a long explanation, the only acceptable option available to me at the time was a small fruit-and-yogurt parfait. Not a bad choice, per se, but definitely not an option on this current plan I am on! Dinner was grilled chicken and sauteed spinach with garlic. It actually turned out to be quite tasty! Here's what I did:

Super-Easy Spinach Sautee:

  • Olive oil Pam
  • 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic (or more, depending on preference)
  • 2 1/2 cups of fresh spinach leaves
  • 1/2 teaspoon of water
  • salt & pepper to taste

Spray a sautee pan or frying pan with the Pam and sautee garlic for 1 minute on medium heat. Add spinach and water and sautee until spinach begins to wilt (1-2 minutes). Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Yum!

Beans did not make it into my diet again today. Another reason to re-think my current plan. I have discovered that, although I like beans just fine, I do not like them so well as to make them a part of my daily intake. As I have said before, this is just one of the many reasons I have this log--so I can look at what is working and what isn't.

Well, with "free day" being tomorrow, I have been thinking a lot about what I am going to eat. The plan I have been following says I can go wild, but I really hate that idea. I mean, it would be so easy to undo everything I have done for a week! One thing I do know for sure--I am hitting Starbucks! Brewing my own coffee has been fine and I haven't felt too much like I am missing out until today. I just really wanted a toffee nut mocha today! So tomorrow I am having it for sure!

I plan for tomorrow to also be a day of re-evaluating what has worked and what isn't. Tomorrow's post may be a long one, so everyone be forewarned!

One last note: in case you haven't already noticed, there is a new poll. Please take a moment to answer and, as always, please PLEASE leave a comment and/or any suggestions. And a big thank you to those who already have done so--keep 'em coming!

Until tomorrow.....

P.S. I am looking for a tasty lentil soup recipe. Anyone have a good one they can share?

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't -- you are right."

1 comment:

  1. Re-evaluation is essential in any journey like this I'm going to really recommend you stop by my blog and check out my post regarding "diets" and weight loss - I think you might find it helpful in deciding what to do and how to move forward.
    http://pathtowellness2010.blogspot.com/2010/04/weight-loss-and-common-sense.html

    You were talking about re-joining the gym. May it would be worth looking into a trainer who could help you design a meal plan more suited to you?

    Modify, re-evaluate, reconsider - just don't give up!! You can do this!

    Cass

    ReplyDelete