Monday, April 26, 2010

Day 26

Well, I didn't make it to the gym today. I was so exhausted from work, that I just couldn't muster up the strength or energy. I guess that happens when you work long shifts like I do. I am off tomorrow so I will work out then for sure...

Today I am feeling fat. Probably because I am bloated and should be getting my period any day now. That would explain the fatigue, too. Although I notice I am not breaking out (acne) as much as I usually do. Must be the water!

Today was a very low-motivation day. Which is to say I did not have much interest in being vigilant about my food intake. Which is yet another way of saying I did not watch what I ate. I know that part of my problem is that I am just plain tired and cranky, but I also know that I need to find a way of dealing with both elements that doesn't include saying, "Who cares?" for the day. I really need to get focused on the fact that I do care because what I eat (or don't) ends up affecting me in ways that I really do care about--like gaining or losing weight! I guess I am still practicing the things I need to tell myself or things I need to do for days like this.

I just had a conversation the other day with a friend of mine who is on the Nutri-system diet plan and she was having some major motivation issues. She says the food tastes terrible and she is having a hard time sticking to it. She said it wasn't too hard at first because she was excited and motivated to get started. It also helped that she lost almost 10 lbs the first week. But then after the excitement wore off and she had been eating the same "gross" food day after day, it was becoming too hard. And, she hasn't lost anymore weight. Probably because she has been "cheating" too much. It reminded me that any "diet" has to be something sustainable for the long run. It also reminded me of the beginning of this blog and my 30 day challenge...

I know this is another short post, but I am just so tired. I have to get some sleep. Hopefully, with some sleep I can awaken with a fresh perspective and a brighter outlook.

Or at the very least, some decent sleep!

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't -- you are right."

No comments:

Post a Comment