Sunday, April 4, 2010

Day 4 - Happy Easter!

Ok, with today being Easter I could not resist the "urge to splurge" and had a bit of Easter candy. I felt really guilty as soon as I did, but it tasted fabulous today. I didn't over-do it, which normally I would if I "messed up". In the past, I would see any deviation from my diet plan as a total loss for the day and would indulge for the rest of the day with the intent of "starting over" the next day. Not a smart move, I know, but that was my mentality--one that I am trying to change for the better!

So, I indulged in some chocolate. And as I said, it tasted soooo good. Maybe it is the idea of forbidden fruit or just the fact I haven't been eating it on a daily basis that made me really enjoy it today. I am using the idea that if you don't allow yourself an indulgence every once in awhile, you are doomed to give in and binge at some point. I mean, come on--chocolate?? One's will-power can only be so strong!

I was given a suggestion from a friend of mine for breakfast for those days where I simply don't have time to fix myself a meal. A protein meal replacement shake. I guess some come in a low carb, high protein formula--perfect for my current diet regimen. I plan to look into them and will post what I find later this week.

Something else I will be doing this week--renewing my gym membership. My husband and I had a 3-month trial membership about a year ago. I hate to admit it, but I think we went a total of three times. It's not that I didn't like it--I actually enjoyed it very much while we were there--we just never took the time to actually go. After I realized more recently that I just won't have the time to exercise every day, I decided it would be better to do more on my days off. And rejoining the gym (and being committing to actually going) seems like the right move.

Meals today included my yummy chicken and vegetables in pesto sauce. The pesto is a mix that I buy by Knorr and is pretty good (for a packaged mix). The directions call for 1/4 olive oil and 1 cup water, but I usually use just a 1/2 cup of water and a tablespoon or two of the oil. I find it mixes with the vegetables and chicken better and contains less fat. I also had a couple of servings of lentil soup.

I finally have a few days off from work starting tomorrow, so I will be using my time to find more recipes and will have some more time to devote to this blog. I am excited about my upcoming weigh-in and I am really starting to look forward to my "free day"!

Stay tuned!

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't -- you are right."

1 comment:

  1. I'm curious, where did you find your diet plan? Does it mention anything about sodium? You're right about being attached to numbers I've found that can really be discouraging.
    Here's a dinner that is easy and I think will fit into your allowed foods.
    4 frozen chicken breasts
    1 jar blackbean/corn salsa
    1 pkg frozen mixed veggies

    Put chicken and salsa in crock pot turn on slow/low. 1 hour before time to eat add veggies and turn on high.

    Hubby puts his over whole wheat noodles, I like mine over brown rice, but it's good without either too.

    ReplyDelete