Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day 15 & Half Way There!

Ah! So today felt like soooo much less of a struggle since I was allowed my cake and eat it, too (only in a manner of speaking, of course). I ordered my beloved Starbucks in the non-fat version and all felt right with the world! I can't explain it--it just made the rest of my food choices for the day seem so much easier. I guess by having my indulgence (minus the guilt) I didn't feel like the day was a total bust.

Speaking of indulgences, I cannot find my delicious Special K fruit crisps anywhere! They are so popular that they have been sold out for the last two weeks! And I am talking sold out at three different stores (yes, I went to three different stores for two weeks trying to find them). I am so bummed because I just love them. They are the perfect 100 calorie dessert or snack and I am missing them terribly--I have been out of them for a week!

What I did have today was a tangelo. It was so juicy and absolutely delicious! I know the picture shown today is a bunch of oranges, but I posted it today in honor of those tangelos. I bought a bunch of them and I am so glad I did. Perfect snack...

Before I get too much further into this post, I need to mention something about tomorrow's post: I may not be able to post anything until Day 17. I am scheduled to work a double shift tomorrow night and I do not know if I will be able to get to a computer at any point for my daily entry. So if you don't see anything tomorrow, don't panic! I am only working...

Anyway, now that I am upon the half-way mark of this blog, I am coming to realize that this may need to become more than a "30 day challenge". My initial intent was to follow the 30 day diet I had found on-line, but that has been discarded long ago. It was just not a sustainable diet. I think I would have been either committed to an insane asylum or been the subject of some wild Haagen Daz take-over (and certainly a major headline in the news) by now if I had stayed with that plan. And now with my new personal trainer entering the scene this week, I am beginning to feel that this changes the dynamic and purpose of this blog. I mean, it will take some time before I see any real changes from the work-outs--certainly longer than the two weeks left for this blog.

I guess I will make that my next poll!

Hopefully I will be able to post tomorrow, but if not never fear for you will hear from me soon!


"Whether you think you can or you think you can't -- you are right."

2 comments:

  1. I have been reading your post since day one and every day when I get home from work I click on your post to see how your day has gone. I consider myself to be in the same boat as you, and wish to be thin, I just wish it came off as fast as it went on, I feel like I blinked and bam... here I am now. Reading your blogs the past few weeks, it has helped me to see another person in my shoes. A real person, not some phony person, someone who has to endure the struggles of everyday life. I have been cutting back, watching what I eat, and walking - no personal trainer yet. I just want to let you know that I really enjoy reading your blog and its good to see someone else be so open about their journey. You should keep it going.


    P.S. Very glad the starbucks worked out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, diet doesn't mean deprivation, just moderation! I'm so glad to hear how well you're doing on all this - the early days of something like this are always the hardest, and it is a very steep learning curve. It does get easier (in theory.... till hormones make you a raging mass of food cravings.... breathe through those days).

    And, of course, I think you're on the right track with letting go of the "thirty days" idea. It didn't take you thirty days to gain weight, and thus, it would be unrealistic to expect to lose it in thirty days. And I just know the personal trainer will make a huge difference! It's completely changed my life.

    I'm really proud of you, and you should be proud of yourself. Starting on this journey, and just getting to where you are is a big uphill climb - and you're making it! Way to go!

    Cassandra
    http://pathtowellness2010.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete