Thursday, April 1, 2010

Day 1


So here is Day One! And what a day it turned out to be...

So I started my day by waking up late. As a result, I was not able to do much on the treadmill (10 minutes instead of 20), but I did do the weights for my arms. This was just one of those days where Murphy's Law was in full effect. I bought one of those George Foreman grills and needed the extra time to grill my chicken for my lunch. I was also going to need extra time to make breakfast (something I would usually skip, but not a good idea on this plan). So, of course everything was about playing catch up as much as I could.

Breakfast was a veggie omelette--spinach, mushroom and tomatoes (I had planned to put a little Parmesan on but forgot in my haste). Brewed my own coffee (no Starbucks!)Didn't make any beans--just couldn't bring myself to have those with breakfast. But I see why this plan calls for it as I was hungry again not too long after I ate.

A note about the grill--love it! Made making my lunch and dinner a breeze. And the chicken turned out beautifully.

Lunch and dinner were the same--grilled chicken and broccoli. My beans for the day were a couple of servings of lentil soup. Drank LOTS of water.

Day one was not too bad. I noticed that I was still a little hungry and I already knew that would happen since I had not planned my meals very well for the day. I was called to stay over at work so that over time didn't factor in to the plan, either.

Need to go back and look at the diet again because I miss my Diet Coke and can't remember if it is allowed or not. Stuck to water just to be sure.

Hopefully, Day 2 will go more smoothly. And hopefully, I will be able to write more since I won't have to work over time!

1 comment:

  1. I'd suggest you cut the Diet Coke, regardless of what your "diet" says - it'll cut into your water intake and the high-fructose corn syrup is incredibly bad for you anyway. Always pack a couple of extra snacks as "just in cases" - I tend to prefer apples as they are low in calories but high in fibre and filling.

    If you can't stomach beans with breakfast, try a 1/2 c of oatmeal instead - same filling potential, with the protein and fibre. And it'll keep you full. One of my fav breakfasts is a cup of oatmeal with bananas and strawberries. A glass of skim milk would also add some protein.

    You might also want to try making your lunch the night before - I find it helps make my mornings a little less hectic. And if you add some more variety in your veggies (remember we should be getting 7-10 servings of fruits and veggies a day), you might not find yourself so hungry!

    Sounds like a good start! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete