Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Prologue

My challenge beginning April 1, 2010 is to implement and follow a diet program I found on-line that says you can lose up to 20 pounds in 30 days.

Now I know that most diet plans are gimmicky empty promises. Most weight loss programs promote an easy system that makes weight loss a breeze with little to no effort--save emptying your wallet. But I read this one at length and have read the multitude of comments left by others who have tried it. It sounds solid and no one is asking me for a dime to purchase any product, so I am giving it a shot.

I am not naming the specific program as I do not know how Blogger feels about such things. I certainly do not want to endorse--unintentionally or otherwise--any diet or exercise program, so I will explain what I will be doing without naming a specific diet...

The premise is a slow-carb, low fat diet. I can tell by reading what is allowed and not allowed to eat that this will not be an easy task. I will have to give up a number of foods that I enjoy in order to be successful. But I am determined that this program will receive a full 30 days from me. After that, who knows. I may stick with it or abandon it for a whole new program. I will not make any decisions about that until the end of April.

Today is March 30th, so I have two days until I begin. Tomorrow I will weigh in, take measurements and post those results here. I am dreading that idea because I know I will be horrified with what I find and it will be quite embarrassing to post the numbers for the whole world to see. My hope is that in doing so I will gain extra motivation to keep going, even when I have one of those days where I just want to throw in the towel.

Exercise will also be a part of the 30 day plan. I will log in what I do for exercise here as well.

I will do my best to post something here each and every day to track my progress. I will share what I am doing and how it is working. I will share my thoughts and feelings as things progress as well.

Let the countdown continue!!

No comments:

Post a Comment